Some people may have a hard time deciding upon an even that has changed their lives and have taught them an important lesson. I on the other hand, have no problem at all. It is not something that I am happy about in any way at all, but it has helped me understand what truly is important in life.
The first situatin that I am going to be descibing is not my go to option. When I was in 8th grad I started to have really ba back problems. I didn't think much of it, but then it got worse my freshman year. I thought that I could just fight through the pain and see what happens, so that is exactly what I did. Sadly for me, it just kept getting worse. People told me to just suck it up and push on. Some even thought that I was faking it. Little did they know that I was not. It came to my sophomore year of volleyball and I was starting varsity adn playing full rotation. I had never been so proud. But there was one volleyball practice when I slammed my body onto one foot because I was not about to let that ball hit the floor. I got the ball, but then I hit the floor. I had a shooting pain go all the way up my leg and through my back. I was frozen. My steps were no bigger than two inches as I made my way to the bench. I knew that there was something extremely wrong. It turns out that I have three factures in my back. I was out for the rest of the year and was unable to play sports. It taught me that there was more to life than just sports. There are people in the world who will never be able to have the chance to play sports. I was out for a year; I could come back and do what I love.
I was warming up with my team for my volleyball game and noticed that my mom wasn't in the stands. It isn't normal for her to just not show up, so I got a little nervous. My grandma reassured me that everything is fine, and she just had to babysit my cousins longer than expected. We played our hearts out and won the game. I was in such a good mood until my grandma broke the news. She told me that my dad had to go to the hospital because he was experiencing strange symptoms. No one had told me anything, so I was getting frustrated. They said everything was fine and they were just running test, but I had a feeling that that was not the case. My mom would have come home if everything was fine; she didn't. The next day at school I was sitting on the stage during study hall helping Sophia make the run-through for the football game. Anita came and got me off the stage to tell me that my cousin Tara was here to pick me up from school. My heart dropped and I instantly started bawling. I felt like I was going to throw up. As I approached the commons, I saw Tara and she grabbed my hand. In all honesty, at that moment of my life, I thought my dad was dead. Once we got to the car, Tara told me that he was doing well, but they have found something. That is all she knew at the time. We then had to go pick up my little brothers from the middle school, so I had to pull it together. She just told them that he wanted to see us, and of course, the were ignorant enough to believe it while I was choking back tears. We arrived to the hospital and my older brother, Colton, was already there. I could tell that he had been crying and it made my stomach churn even more. My mom had told us that they have found a brain tumor. I had no idea what to do. I just wanted to break down and cry. I held it together for maybe 10 seconds. That was the first time I had ever seen my dad cry.
I will obviously be adding more detail about the scenery around me and the emotions I was feeling.
This has taught me a huge life lesson. Everyone runs into obstacles but you can overcome them. You may have heartbreaks in high school, you might not get the position you want on their sports team, but you are healthy and alive. Not everyone is given the opportunity to live life as they please, but you can always try. Be thankful for the people you have around you that love you. My dad is alive today, and at one point I thought I was going to lose him for ever. How could that not change your life?
I can see a great narrative there. Be sure to not only describe that day but the overall impact that it had on you. This should be rather easy as it is such a tough thing to deal with. I know it all too well. My best friend is still fighting cancer, and this summer after we thought it was healed, it's now in his brain as well. It's been rough for him and his family and all of his friends, who he considers family as well.
ReplyDeleteThat in itself shows that there are many who have experienced something that painful and might be able to relate.